Walk your 3 dogs by yourself and enjoy it!
One simple tool is all that's needed: The UTurn Handle
We use it ourselves every day to walk our 3 cairn terriers.
It works! Patent pending
Walking 4 untrained dogs (doable but much more work)
The key to walking your 3 'master tangler' dogs all by yourself:
- Untangle all LEASH* entanglements in seconds, while walking
- It's this fast untangling of the leashes, while continuing the walk, that makes walking 3 dogs doable AND much more fun!
And the dogs love it too: Way fewer stops* and each dog gets lots of space
The UTurn handle has 3 grips, 3 leash attachment holes and a large central opening. This triangular design makes it possible to untangle all LEASH entanglements* in seconds while walking, with half turns of the handle. One half turn for each entanglement. One half turn (180 degrees) moves one triangle corner to a position in-between the other two corners.
- Fast untangling and walking at the same time was never possible before. It makes walking 3 dogs, even non-trained, partially trained or a mix of trained and untrained dogs suddenly very doable.
- Of course turning the handle is WORK for the handler as you need one half turn for each entanglement. If your dogs entangle often, you turn the handle often. But you and the dogs can keep on walking*!
- If you cannot walk your 3 dogs now or only with great difficulty because of all the tangles, you will now be able to do it: Provided the 3 dogs together are not too powerful AND you are willing to do all the untangling work with the handle.
- Walking 3 dogs with the handle is easy (after you get the hang of the untangling in a few walks) but even FOUR dogs is not impossible although a bigger challenge due to the 4th leash.
*Note about 'LEASH' tangles and stops1) LEASH tangles/entanglements, also called internal leash tangles, are defined as the tangles between the 3 dogs/3 leashes themselves, not with anything else. These comprise 80% or more of all possible entanglements. All of these LEASH tangles can be untangled while walking by turning the handle, no matter how many times a leash is entangled with another one. Each leash entanglement takes one half turn (180 degrees) with the handle.
However NO system (not even the UTurn handle) can untangle the other 20%, which are 2) HANDLER entanglements (the handler gets blocked or encircled by one or more leashes, or 3) External-Object entanglements (with a tree, other person, other object, etc.). To resolve those, it's best to stop and take special action. To get out of those entrapments, see the advice in the Use Product and FAQ chapter.
- We found that being able to untangle all LEASH tangles while walking makes walking any team of 3 dogs doable! For us it was impossible to walk our 3 dogs together without the handle. The dogs would get the leashes entangled too often and also encircle us way too fast. They would do that again and again within seconds. If you have tried it, you know the nightmare!
- With the handle and its untangling capability it suddenly became much easier and even fun. It's still WORK (not automatic): You will turn the handle a lot or even all the time especially if you have master tanglers. But you can walk with full confidence despite the leash entanglements and the still occurring handler entanglements. And the more you use it, the more you and the dogs will tune in (and also become better at escaping or avoiding even some of these handler entrapments).
How does the handle work?
Please view some of the following short YouTube videos:
Every half turn of the handle removes one leash entanglement in one second!
#1 Untangling (1:07) #2 Walking (1:31) #3 Untangling (1:18)
#4 Walking 4 (1:47) #5 Summary -Whiteboard Animation (3:17)
We apologize for the quality of the videos. These are our amateur videos. There is some duplication. They also don't show how easy it is to untangle while walking 3 dogs but you can get a good idea of how the untangling works. Walking with 3 is easy. Walking with 4 is doable but not as easy. Running with 4 was for fun and is not recommended (tripping danger).
How can the handle help?
- 100% untangling of LEASH tangles* - by the handler, using the handle itself
- 100% untangling of LEASH tangles* - while walking, within seconds
(Caveat: Does NOT untangle HANDLER or external-object entanglements)
- fear of entanglements gone
- Walk 3 dogs (or 2 or 4) by yourself, with confidence
- greatly reduced walking stress, makes walking fun again
- ample roaming space for each dog
- easy to reduce roaming space by choking all leashes at once when needed
- easy to direct each dog individually when needed
- use with your own leashes
- super strong, light-weight, weather-resistant, non-toxic material
- no dropping of leashes; holding only one item makes it safer
- after untangling your hand can slide to the best grip depending on the new order of the dogs
- free both hands when needed (put the handle on an arm)
- designed for walking 3 dogs; usable with 1, 2, 3 or even 4, 5 or 6 dogs
- works very well with 3 untrained dogs (not possible before)
- dogs love it too, no more frustrating untangling stops every few minutes
- walk any time any day; no more waiting for a second walker
- walk any team of 2, 3 or 4 pets or other small animals used to leashes
ideal for relaxed and controlled walking on the beach (open space, easy on the paws, no traffic, no cats or squirrels:-) )
- Much better than using a 3-way coupler (tripler) leash
- Better than using one 2-way coupler leash plus one separate leash
- You can leash your 3 dogs up/off in your house so no dog ever escapes
- The dogs don't jerk each other around (as happens with couplers); the user holds the handle and can therefore easily protect a weaker dog
- The dogs are not forced to walk side-by-side as with short couplers
- The user steadies the handle when a dog needs to do its business
- Much easier and safer than using 3 separate leashes
- Also very usable for walking 2 dogs (holding only one item, handle can be put on an arm, much easier and faster to untangle than 2 separate leashes, no dropping of leashes, using third hole for waste baggies)
- Usable for walking 4 dogs (handle+extra leash), 5 dogs (handle+2-way coupler), 6 dogs (handle+3-way coupler) (see FAQ 17 and 18 for details)
How can I order?
- Order here on our website, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada, *EU).
(For PayPal instructions - if needed - read FAQ 3-6)
(*For other countries, also read FAQ 2 and 3, or order via Amazon below)
- Or order on Amazon.com, pay securely with Amazon (US, Canada, other countries*: Europe, Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Israel, Mexico, South Africa). You can go directly to our Amazon page: Triple Dog Leash Handle
- Or order on eBay.com, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada)
Our eBay page: Go to eBay UTurn Handle
- Or order on Etsy.com, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada)
Our Etsy page: Go to Etsy UTurrn Handle
(*Caution for international/non-US orders: Buyer is responsible for paying import duties and/or value added taxes (VAT) levied by the buyer's country at delivery. These vary from country to country and are not known/included, see also FAQ 1)
Is the handle suitable for me and my dogs?
The UTurn handle is a new and very strong product for dog owners and dog walkers
who want to walk 2, 3 or 4 dogs with one person. We do not sell leashes
as you can use your own leashes.
handle can make a unique present for a family member or other relative,
or a friend or neighbor who has 3 or more dogs, or who is a dog walker.
The handle is especially useful for dog owners or walkers who have one or more untrained or partially trained dogs (which means many tangles)
- Recommended for
walking small to medium size dogs. It can also be used with larger
well-behaved dogs provided they are leash-trained and can be
controlled despite their pulling power. Please also view the
ideal user is a dog owner who has 3 or 4 smaller dogs (used
to each other but not trained enough) and wants to walk them much more easily
- The U-Turn handle is not an ordinary leash handle. It's a 3-grip controller/detangler/untangler and also very strong. Testing has shown the material is over 5 times stronger than the best hardwood and will not break.
Is the handle not recommended in certain cases?
- It's not a good idea for a team of 3 that is too strong for one handler
- On the opposite end, it may not work for tiny dogs that do not like to walk in front or are too weak to pull. The detangling goes easier with some tension on some of the leashes but is not absolutely necessary.
- It's not a good idea if the dogs have never walked on leashes
- It's not a good idea if the dogs do not get along or are prone to start a fight or do not yet know each other (unless docile and friendly)
- It's not a good idea if turning the handle is too hard on/for your hands
- For the 20% handler entrapments the handler may need to bend, kneel, or step out of the tangles, which will require some agility
It is not needed for well-trained dogs that do not entangle much
No, it's not ideal. 'Ideal' is really fully automatic untangling where the handler and the dogs do not need to do anything. However that is impossible with 3 or 4 dogs. The handle is in-between 'impossible' and 'ideal'. It makes walking 3 possible and the handler does the untangling.
Attaching various leashes
Testers in Action
Testing: See under FAQ (14) for information on how to TEST your own home-made handle and try the untangling with 3 leashes yourself before ordering!
February 18, 2015: View customer reviews on Amazon and also others in the Feedback section. The two Amazon feedback options (1 Customer Reviews about the product and 2 Seller Feedback about the seller) for a purchase on Amazon are by far the most helpful for our small company. Thanks to everyone who took (or will take) the time to write a review. We also love to hear your suggestions!