How to walk your 3 dogs and enjoy it!
One simple tool is all it takes:
The UTurn Handle
We use it daily to walk our 3 untrained cairn terriers! It works.
- Untangle all LEASH* entanglements in seconds, while walking
- It's this fast untangling of leashes, while continuing the walk, that really makes walking 3 dogs doable AND much more fun at the same time!
- And the dogs love it too: Fewer stops* and each dog gets lots of space
The UTurn handle has 3 grips and 3 leash attachment holes.
This triangular design makes it possible to untangle ALL LEASH* entanglements in seconds while walking, with quick half turns of the handle. Fast untangling and walking at the same time was never available before. It makes walking 3 non-trained or partially trained dogs or a mix of trained and untrained dogs suddenly very doable. Of course turning the handle is work for the handler. You need one half turn for each entanglement. If your dogs entangle often, you turn the handle often. But you and the dogs can keep on walking*.
*Note: LEASH entanglements are the tangles between the 3 dogs/3 leashes themselves, not with anything else. These comprise 80% or more of all possible entanglements. All of these LEASH tangles can be untangled while walking by turning the handle, no matter how many times a leash is entangled with another one.
However no system can untangle the other 20%, which are handler entanglements (the handler gets blocked or encircled by a leash) and external-object entanglements (with a tree, other person, other object, etc.). To resolve those, it's best to stop for a few seconds. On how to get out of those, see the Use Product and FAQ chapters.
We found that being able to untangle all LEASH entanglements while walking makes walking any team of 3 dogs very doable! For us it was impossible to walk our 3 non-trained dogs with one person without the handle. With the handle it suddenly became easy and even fun, and we walk with full confidence despite the still occuring handler entanglements. And the more we used it, the better we and the dogs became at avoiding or escaping these handler entrapments.
How does the handle work?
Please view some of the following short YouTube videos:
Every half turn of the handle removes one leash entanglement in one second!
#1 Untangling (1:07) #2 Walking (1:31) #3 Untangling (1:18)
#4 Walking 4 (1:47) #5 Summary -Whiteboard Animation (3:17)
We apologize for the quality of the videos. These are our amateur videos. There is some duplication. They also don't show how easy it is to untangle while walking 3 but you can get a good idea of how the untangling works. Walking with 3 is easy. Walking with 4 is doable but a lot more work. Running with 4 was for fun and is not recommended (tripping danger).
How can the handle help?
- Walk 3 dogs (or 2 or 4) by yourself, with confidence
- 100% untangling of leash tangles* - by the handler, using the handle itself
- 100% untangling of leash tangles* - while walking, and within seconds
- fear of entanglements gone
- greatly reduced walking stress, makes walking fun again
- ample roaming space for each dog
- easy to reduce roaming space by choking all leashes at once when needed
- easy to direct each dog individually when needed
- use with your own leashes
- super strong, light-weight, weather-resistant, non-toxic material
- no dropping of leashes; holding only one item makes it safer
- after untangling your hand can slide to the best grip depending on the new order of the dogs
- free both hands when needed (put the handle on an arm)
- designed for walking 3 dogs; usable with 1, 2, 3 or even 4 dogs
- works very well with 3 untrained dogs (not possible before)
- dogs love it too, no more frustrating untangling stops every few minutes
- walk any time any day; no more waiting for a second walker
- walk any team of 2, 3 or 4 pets or other small animals used to leashes
ideal for controlled walking on the beach (open space, easy on the paws, no traffic, no squirrels:-)
- Much easier and safer than using 3 separate leashes
- Much better than using a 3-way coupler (tripler) leash
- Better than using one 2-way coupler leash plus one separate leash
- You can leash up (or off) your 3 dogs in your house so no dog ever escapes
- The dogs don't jerk each other around (as happens with couplers); the user holds the handle and can therefore easily protect a weaker dog
- The dogs are not forced to walk side-by-side as with short couplers
- The user steadies the handle when a dog needs to do its business
Also very usable for walking just 2 dogs (holding only one item, handle can be put on an arm, much easier and faster to untangle than 2 separate leashes, no dropping of leashes, using third hole for waste baggies)
How can I order?
- Order here on our website, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada, most EU).
(For PayPal instructions, if needed, read FAQ 3-6; or go to Order Items)
(For other countries, read FAQ 2 and 3, or order via Amazon below)
FREE Shipping (US) - September 2014 only, shown at checkout
- Or order on Amazon.com, pay securely with Amazon (US, Canada, Europe).
You can go directly to our Amazon page: Triple Dog Leash Handle
- Or order on eBay.com, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada)
- Or order on Etsy.com, pay securely with PayPal (US, Canada)
Is the handle suitable for me and my dogs?
The UTurn handle is a new and very strong product for dog owners and dog walkers
who want to walk 2, 3 or 4 dogs with one person. We do not sell leashes
as you can use your own leashes.
handle can make a unique present for a family member or other relative,
or a friend or neighbor who has 3 or more dogs, or who is a dog walker.
- Recommended for
walking small to medium size dogs. It can also be used with larger
well-behaved dogs provided they are leash-trained and can be
controlled despite their pulling power. Please also view the
The handle is especially useful for dog owners or walkers who have one or more non-trained or partially trained dogs (which means many tangles!)
ideal user is a dog owner who has 3 or 4 smaller dogs (used
to each other but not trained enough) and wants to walk them much more easily
- The U-Turn handle is not an ordinary leash handle. It's a 3-dog controller/untangler and also exceptionally strong. Testing has shown the material is over 5 times stronger than the best hardwood and will not break.
Is the handle not recommended in certain cases?
Yes. It's not a good idea for a team of 3 that is too strong for one handler. On the opposite end, it may not work for tiny dogs that don't like to walk in front or are too weak to pull. The untangling is easier with some tension on at least one of the leashes although that is not absolutely necessary.
Attaching various leashes
Testers in Action
Testing: See under FAQ (14) for information on how to TEST your own home-made handle and try the untangling with 3 leashes or 3 strings yourself!
September 12, 2014: Please read the reviews on Amazon and also others in the Feedback chapter. (Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to write a review!)
Walk your 3 dogs whenever you want to. No more waiting for a companion.